Friday, June 06, 2008

Moving home

This used to be our wedding blog; now, it's going to record our exploits in Iowa, including the stress of building a home.

Had you asked me even two years ago if I would move back to Iowa, I would have told you to have your sanity levels tested. I didn't realize how homesick I was, though, until the boy suggested that we move back to Des Moines last December. We had planned to move somewhere in the U.S., but I had figured it was going to be somewhere I hadn't lived yet. I am glad that we're going though. It's time to go back to my nutty, little family.

Of course, in the past few weeks, I've been questioning the decision. I'm a little nervous because I'm unemployed right now -- although the unemployment rate in Iowa is only 3 percent. I'll find something, even if it is just subbing full-time this year. But, it still makes me nervous. But, when I find out I get to go to Parker's T-ball game the first weekend we're there, and when I hear that he was VERY upset and disappointed that Aunt Beth didn't come up this time with Uncle Jeremy, I know we're moving to the right place.

Besides, I can't tell these two they can't spend time together now:

2 comments:

  1. Hey hope it dries up before you get there. :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Beth,

    We are so excited to hear you guys are moving to Iowa!! Best of luck with the move! Can't wait to see you again! Think about you always!

    Love,
    Marti (Powell) Reed

    ReplyDelete