Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Well, um.... no excuses

I always tell my students there is no excuse for being a slack ass. (OK, so I don't say slack ass, but I'm most likely thinking it.). And here I am being a slack ass. I'd rather not think about how long it has been since I've really blogged. I could list my normal excuses: school, work, sleep, sickness, having a life, the insane amount of baby knitting I have to do (7 by June. Only one of those is completed. Also: STOP procreating people!). But, it boils down to that I haven't made the time to do some type of writing, and I need to start making that a priority again.

I guess it doesn't help that I think I live a pretty mundane, uninteresting life. I read, work, sleep, run (which is just insane to think I do that), watch shitty TV, and knit.

Nothing exciting in that list.

But, then again, the popular memoirs are kinda about mundane things. They're just written funny. And I bring the funny. (As well as the punny, much to Jeremy's chagrin).

I also think that Twitter has possibly hindered my desire to blog. I basically say what I want over there, and all in 140 characters or less. That has seeped into my writing; my professor told me last semester that I have a lot of great quippy, short one-liners in my papers. I counted them. Yes, all 140 or less.

I'm cool like that.

So that's my 2 cents on my slack-assery.

I'm hoping it is a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment