Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rant

I was going to not post anything between the trip posts, but here is an update on the move/job situation.

I found out from the state board today that even though I have two year's teaching experience, above average reviews and amazing recommendations -- I am far from qualified to teach in Iowa. So, starting Monday, I'm job hunting. And not in the teaching field. My plan is to find a 9 to 5 job that I can stand (there will be no newspapering for me), figure out what I REALLY want to do, and start my master's (most likely as a distance ed. student) in January. I know there are some programs I can still sign up for now, but I really want to put thought into what I want.

I have not been happy about this since I found out about it this afternoon (which was after I wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to get a person on the telephone to no avail, and Jeremy went searching on the Web site and wanted to stab it). But, I figure everything happens for a reason, and it's all going to work out. All I need is a job that pays at least what I was making as a teacher (which we all know isn't going to be that hard). It's also nice that DM actually has a lot of opportunities, so while it might not be a job I want to do for the next 30 years, it may be something that at least keeps me interested for the next 2 or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment