Monday, August 04, 2008

Good news

OK. After the freak outs of last week, things are looking up.

A. I am going to go back to school at Drake. They have a specific master's program for people who weren't education majors, and it makes sure you get your Iowa certification -- plus the master's. I am talking to them on Monday.

B. I spent today applying for any and all jobs I could find. I decided to focus on day cares -- while it isn't exactly teaching the age I want, it is still working with kids. It pays a smidge better than teaching plus I still get benefits.

C. After applying, I got a call back within about 30 minutes. I had to do an online survey/test thing (which I got an excellent on) and got a call back 20 minutes after that. I interview on Thursday. I also have an opportunity to work at Sylvan, but that's just part-time, so I don't think I'll take that.

As long as I can get a job to pay the bills and my yarn/book/DVD/clothes/shoe habit, we're good. I don't have to love it for two years, but I think working at a day care would be a good choice. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment