Monday, August 11, 2008

Still not going according to plan

So, I won't be going to Drake. I'm not in the mood to pay for a private school to HAVE to do student teaching, which I don't need to get my certificate. I'm looking into online programs now, which means no student teaching and a less intense program, most likely. Mizzou has one that I really like; I just have to make sure it matches up with what I need for my certificate. I will have to take some undergrad classes, but I can take those at a community college for cheaper than at Drake. Besides, if I "go" to Mizzou, I don't have to take the GRE or any test, whereas at Drake, I have to take a writing test and the Praxis. And, I don't have to worry about paying to get my transcripts there because they obviously already have them. I wonder if I get to keep my student number, which I still know.

The daycare job plan went kaputt. Long story short, they lied all over the place. I will not work for pennies to change diapers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an awesome job that is at Meredith publishing. I can handle journalism again as long as it isn't at a daily. I did have a preinterview today at a company that designs newsletters, web pages, etc. for non profits. Right now, I'll just be happy with anything. And being able to do my masters online will make it much easier for me to have a full-time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment